Wednesday 22 February 2012

#Lent

It's the first day of Lent and I have to give up something I hold dear to me. Why? we'll get into the religious rhetoric another time, but as of now, I'll be realistic on the vice I wish to eradicate for the next 40 days and nights.

I can't give up alcohol ( I have my 2nd can of Stiegl Bier in my hand) Sweets, or eating poorly ( later today we'll be at The Burger Priest.)What I can give up is something I have recently come to love, stillness. I'm going to be constantly moving, doing things, going places in a concerted effort to boycott sitting still.

Most of us could stand to use a bit more movement in our lives and be healthier. Right now I'm probably the most out of shape I have ever been. I'm happy but at the same time I miss having a 3 day supply of energy. So this lent, starting today, I'm going to keep moving! I am going to finish this beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment