Wednesday 22 February 2012

First Post


This is the first of my bi weekly posts covering a range of topics from Toronto, it's entertaining politics to events and of course my dog Lola. I've been meaning to do this for quite sometime now but, like most of us, have put it off til later. Which is the topic of my first post. Why do we wait to do the things we love?

As a kid I could never wait, I wanted everything and I needed it right now. Yet the older I get the more patient I've become. Soon, I was so complacent that I  was doing few things that I loved and spending more time recouping from a hard days work. I had every excuse validated which made it easy for me to put my dreams on hold. Until I turned 30.

Turning 30 made me realize that if you're not doing what you love, either as a job or on your own time then you're not really living. So I quit my job and partnered with a friend to form my first company. So why stop there? Next thing you know I got a puppy and I started letting my inner child back out. This would turn into the best and scariest idea I have ever had. To be a professional writer.

Now, I don’t recommend this path to everyone, I had a plan. I took the steps I needed to in order to try and make this work and maintain the level of Torontonian life I was used to. This isn’t to say I haven’t made sacrifices, believe me, I did. The long of the short is, take chances while you are young, don’t be irresponsible, don’t get drawn into something unless it’s what you really want to do. We all know what society expects from us but the reality is it’s your life, so chase your dreams. It’s one thing to try and fail it’s a whole other thing to never have tried at all.

Here's my first sample of writing.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment